Regulation, statistics and publications
The Foundation provides information to community groups, local government, the media and the public about gambling and its regulation in Victoria.
We provide information about the gambling environment, gambling regulation, gambling policies and programs, gambling statistics and gambling research. One of our main objectives is to provide information and support to help Victorians participate in regulatory and other processes relating to gambling, including licensing and planning processes associated with electronic gaming machines.
We monitor regulatory changes and liaise with organisations such as the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR), the Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA), and primary care partnerships, as well as councillors and academics, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
Gambling in Victoria
Gambling in Victoria is a one-stop-shop for the latest statistics on gambling behaviour and attitudes in our community. This resource also looks at the effects of gambling advertising, as well as the harm people can experience when they, or someone close to them, gambles in a risky way.
Find out more about gambling in Victoria.
- Commission to determine application for new pokies venue at Officer Hotel — 8 Mar 2018
- Commission to determine application for additional 15 pokies at Darebin RSL — 5 Mar 2018
- Commission to determine application for additional 5 pokies at Horsham Sports & Community Club — 2 Mar 2018
- Commission to determine application for additional 10 pokies at The Tiger's Clubhouse — 26 Feb 2018
- Update on changes to EFTPOS in pokies venues — 22 Feb 2018
- Foundation attends Senate inquiry on banning of gambling advertisements during live sport — 8 Feb 2018
- Credit betting ban for online wagering providers to commence on 17 February — 31 Jan 2018