Regulation, statistics and publications
The Foundation provides information to community groups, local government, the media and the public about gambling and its regulation in Victoria.
We provide information about the gambling environment, gambling regulation, gambling policies and programs, gambling statistics and gambling research. One of our main objectives is to provide information and support to help Victorians participate in regulatory and other processes relating to gambling, including licensing and planning processes associated with electronic gaming machines.
We monitor regulatory changes and liaise with organisations such as the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR), the Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA), and primary care partnerships, as well as councillors and academics, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
Gambling in Victoria
Gambling in Victoria is a one-stop-shop for the latest statistics on gambling behaviour and attitudes in our community. This resource also looks at the effects of gambling advertising, as well as the harm people can experience when they, or someone close to them, gambles in a risky way.
Find out more about gambling in Victoria.
- Commission to determine application for additional 22 pokies at Altona RSL — 21 Sep 2018
- Commission to determine application for additional 30 pokies at Geelong RSL — 17 Sep 2018
- Commission grants application for additional 20 pokies at Castello's Cardinia Hotel — 10 Sep 2018
- Commission grants application for additional 17 pokies at Powell Hotel — 3 Sep 2018
- New rules to restrict gambling advertising during online streaming of live sport — 3 Sep 2018
- Commission to determine application for additional six pokies at Ballarat Golf Club — 3 Sep 2018
- Commission refuses application for additional pokies at Lynbrook Hotel — 28 Aug 2018
- Commission releases review of Crown casino licence — 8 Aug 2018