Regulation, statistics and publications
The Foundation provides information to community groups, local government, the media and the public about gambling and its regulation in Victoria.
We provide information about the gambling environment, gambling regulation, gambling policies and programs, gambling statistics and gambling research. One of our main objectives is to provide information and support to help Victorians participate in regulatory and other processes relating to gambling, including licensing and planning processes associated with electronic gaming machines.
We monitor regulatory changes and liaise with organisations such as the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR), the Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA), and primary care partnerships, as well as councillors and academics, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
Gambling in Victoria
Gambling in Victoria is a one-stop-shop for the latest statistics on gambling behaviour and attitudes in our community. This resource also looks at the effects of gambling advertising, as well as the harm people can experience when they, or someone close to them, gambles in a risky way.
Find out more about gambling in Victoria.
- Commission refuses application for additional 25 pokies at Players Hotel — 6 Aug 2019
- Victorians lose $2.699 billion on pokies in 2018-19 — 29 Jul 2019
- Commission to determine application for new venue with 52 pokies by Ellinbank Football & Netball Club — 3 Jul 2019
- Commission to determine application for additional 10 pokies at Monbulk Bowling Club — 26 Jun 2019
- VCAT refuses application for additional pokies at Glenroy RSL — 22 May 2019
- Commission approves application for additional 20 pokies at Hogan's Hotel — 10 May 2019
- Commission refuses application for additional pokies at Polish Community Association in Geelong — 3 May 2019
- New 14-day verification rules for online betting accounts — 28 Feb 2019