Regulation, statistics and publications
The Foundation provides information to community groups, local government, the media and the public about gambling and its regulation in Victoria.
We provide information about the gambling environment, gambling regulation, gambling policies and programs, gambling statistics and gambling research. One of our main objectives is to provide information and support to help Victorians participate in regulatory and other processes relating to gambling, including licensing and planning processes associated with electronic gaming machines.
We monitor regulatory changes and liaise with organisations such as the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR), the Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA), and primary care partnerships, as well as councillors and academics, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
Gambling in Victoria
Gambling in Victoria is a one-stop-shop for the latest statistics on gambling behaviour and attitudes in our community. This resource also looks at the effects of gambling advertising, as well as the harm people can experience when they, or someone close to them, gambles in a risky way.
Find out more about gambling in Victoria.
- Commission refuses application for additional eight pokies at Robin Hood Hotel — 21 Jul 2021
- Commission to hear application for additional 12 pokies at Kyabram Club — 7 Jul 2021
- Commission refuses application for 40 pokies at Royal Hotel in Koo Wee Rup — 3 May 2021
- Commission approves application for 70 pokies at new venue in Truganina — 13 Apr 2021
- Australian Racing Fact Book 2019–2020 edition published — 5 Jan 2021
- Commission approves application for additional 11 pokies at Waurn Ponds Hotel — 14 Dec 2020
- Commission grants application for new venue with 60 pokies at Mt Atkinson Hotel in Truganina — 15 Apr 2020
- Commission approves application for additional 10 pokies at Clifton Springs Golf Club — 15 Apr 2020