Regulation, statistics and publications
The Foundation provides information to community groups, local government, the media and the public about gambling and its regulation in Victoria.
We provide information about the gambling environment, gambling regulation, gambling policies and programs, gambling statistics and gambling research. One of our main objectives is to provide information and support to help Victorians participate in regulatory and other processes relating to gambling, including licensing and planning processes associated with electronic gaming machines.
We monitor regulatory changes and liaise with organisations such as the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR), the Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA), and primary care partnerships, as well as councillors and academics, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
Gambling in Victoria
Gambling in Victoria is a one-stop-shop for the latest statistics on gambling behaviour and attitudes in our community. This resource also looks at the effects of gambling advertising, as well as the harm people can experience when they, or someone close to them, gambles in a risky way.
Find out more about gambling in Victoria.
- Cashless gaming commences at Victorian venues — 14 Feb 2019
- Australian Racing Fact Book 2017–2018 edition published — 24 Jan 2019
- Commission to determine application for additional 20 pokies at Hogan's Hotel — 3 Jan 2019
- Commission grants application for additional six pokies at Ballarat Golf Club — 24 Dec 2018
- Commission to determine application for additional 43 pokies at Polish Community Association in Geelong — 12 Dec 2018
- Commission grants application for additional 30 pokies at Geelong RSL — 11 Dec 2018
- Commission refuses application for additional pokies at Altona RSL — 5 Dec 2018
- Feedback sought on Victorian keno licence — 28 Nov 2018