Regulation, statistics and publications
The Foundation provides information to community groups, local government, the media and the public about gambling and its regulation in Victoria.
We provide information about the gambling environment, gambling regulation, gambling policies and programs, gambling statistics and gambling research. One of our main objectives is to provide information and support to help Victorians participate in regulatory and other processes relating to gambling, including licensing and planning processes associated with electronic gaming machines.
We monitor regulatory changes and liaise with organisations such as the Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission (VGCCC) , the Victorian Local Governance Association (VLGA), and primary care partnerships, as well as councillors and academics, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
Gambling in Victoria
Gambling in Victoria is a one-stop-shop for the latest statistics on gambling behaviour and attitudes in our community. This resource also looks at the effects of gambling advertising, as well as the harm people can experience when they, or someone close to them, gambles in a risky way.
Find out more about gambling in Victoria.
- Romsey Hotel seeks to install 50 pokies — 3 Nov 2023
- Hotel 520 on Sayers seeks additional pokies — 10 Aug 2023
- Victorians lose $3.022 billion on pokies in 2022-23 — 28 Jul 2023
- Commission approves additional 40 pokies at Grosvenor Hotel — 21 Apr 2023
- Victorians lose $1.58 billion on pokies in July - December 2022 — 30 Jan 2023
- Australian Racing Fact Book 2021–2022 edition published — 11 Jan 2023
- Commission approves additional 15 pokies at McKinnon Hotel — 14 Dec 2022
- Victorians lose $2.237 billion on pokies in 2021-22 — 22 Jul 2022