Be Ahead of the Game: a school education program about gambling and gaming
Be Ahead of the Game is a school education program to help young people understand the risks associated with gambling and gaming.
Drawing on the latest research into young people’s participation in, and attitudes towards, gambling and gaming, the program helps young people think critically about the current marketing and technology landscape that is making gambling increasingly visible, enticing, and accessible to young people.
The whole-of-school approach of Be Ahead of the Game empowers teachers, parents, carers, and students to better understand the issues and support each other.
The Be Ahead of the Game school education program offers:
- Free 1-hour information sessions for students, parents and teachers
- Free curriculum-aligned teaching resources for upper primary to senior secondary students
- Young Aboriginal People's Gambling Awareness Program
- Gambling policy template for schools
- Articles for school newsletters
- Infomation and resources for parents and carers to support young people.
Explore the issue
For more information contact:
Senior Prevention Advisor (Education)
Phone: (03) 9452 2623