Love the Game round, 20–22 July 2018
The Love the Game round during the weekend of 20–22 July 2018 is about celebrating our shared love of sport. It's about reminding clubs and local communities that it’s the game that really matters, not the odds.
Engaging all levels of sport – from elite through to community clubs, the Love the Game round encourages Victorians to come together to celebrate everything we love about footy and talk about the issue of young people and gambling, especially the risks they face.
What can you do?
We can all play a role in raising awareness about the risks and harms associated with gambling. See below for some suggested ways your club could share the message of the Love the Game round during 20–22 July 2018.
Encourage ‘the talk’ with kids
Over the weekend parents, coaches, teachers and others have an opportunity to remind kids that sport and betting don't have to go together. Ask them to have ‘the talk’ with the kids in their lives. Or find out how to start the chat and what to say with these conversation starters.
Get social and share pictures
The Love the Game round is about celebrating our love of sport. Share your Love the Game photos, videos and comments on social media. Tag them @responsiblegambling and use #LovetheGame
Love the Game logos
Download a zip file containing our Love the Game logo as Jpeg, PNG and EPS files, in colour and also reversed out in white.
- Gambling has changed the way kids see the game. Less multis. More speckies. #LoveTheGame #NotTheOdds and have 'the talk' with you kids this weekend lovethegame.vic.gov.au
- Growing up exposed. Gambling ads have changed the way our kids experience sport. This round, remind them what footy is truly about #LoveTheGame. Visit lovethegame.vic.gov.au for tips on how to have 'the talk'
- Kids think you have to bet to enjoy sport. This round, remind them what footy is all about #LoveTheGame. Visit lovethegame.vic.gov.au for more information
- You might have grown up watching sport. But you didn't grow up watching sports betting ads. This #LoveTheGame round - have the gambling talk with your kids. Visit lovethegame.vic.gov.au for helpful conversation starters
- Remember when you could watch sport without seeing gambling ads? Your kids don't. Remind them what footy is all about #LoveTheGame. For tips on how to have 'the talk' visit lovethegame.vic.gov.au
- We're taking part in @responsiblegambling #LoveTheGame round. Come down to the club this weekend and help us remind the community that betting and sport don't have to go together lovethegame.vic.gov.au
- There's the family you're born with, and then there's your footy family. This weekend, we're celebrating our great game with @responsiblegambling #LoveTheGame round lovethegame.vic.gov.au
- We care about our community which is why we're taking part in @responsiblegambling #LoveTheGame round. Betting isn't a normal part of sport so let's remind our kids that betting and sport don't have to go together
For more information, contact:
Cam Lieng, Prevention Advisor
Phone: (03) 9452 2633