Join the Sporting Club Program
1. Sign the responsible gambling charter and make a commitment to reducing the normalisation of gambling in sport. This means forgoing sponsorship from betting companies. It also means making some practical and easy changes to your clubrooms and grounds to ensure young people are not exposed to gambling promotion.
2. Complete the application form and nominate two ‘charter champions’ to lead the program implementation, and to act as ‘go to’ people within the club.
3. Your club will receive a free gambling information session with the playing group (or with parents, if you are a junior club).
4. A local community educator will contact you to help support you in implementing the program.
- a competitive edge for seeking grant funding
- community recognition through promotion of your club on our website, as a safe and healthy sporting environment
- interactive information sessions about how to avoid gambling harm
- ongoing, personalised support to help implement the program
- social media content to promote healthy messages to your membership base.
To be eligible for the program, your club must:
- compete in a recognised competition over your relevant sporting season
- be a junior or senior community sporting club
- not receive sponsorship from a betting company or any other gambling provider.