Love the Game Sporting Club Program
Gambling is fast becoming a normal part of sport. In fact, 74 per cent of Victorian adults agree that young people are exposed to too much gambling advertising. Our Love the Game Sporting Club Program aims to reduce the exposure of young people to sports betting promotion, and to create safe and healthy sporting club environments.
We are proud to have more than 400 local and elite sporting clubs as partners of our program.
By joining the Sporting Club Program, your club is:
- showing young people that sport and betting don’t have to go together
- enhancing your club’s reputation by taking a stand for your young players and the community by saying no to sports betting sponsorship
- demonstrating leadership in tackling an issue that’s a concern for our community
- shifting the focus back to the love the of the game, and away from the odds
- creating a healthy club culture that looks out for the wellbeing of our next generation.
- ability to demonstrate social responsibility when seeking grant funding with sponsors
- community recognition through promotion of your club on our website
- free resources to help promote your club as a safe and healthy environment that is looking out for young people
- free support to help with effective implementation of the program.
To be eligible for the program, your club must:
- agree to the Love the Game Charter to say no to sports betting sponsorship (financial or in-kind)
- compete in a recognised competition over your relevant sporting season
- be a junior or senior community sporting club
Signing up is easy and only takes a couple of minutes. Join more than 400 sporting clubs across the state taking a stand and saying no to sports betting sponsorship.
If your club receives revenue from other gambling sources (other than sports betting), you may still be eligible to be part of the program.
The Foundation encourages clubs to explore ways to reduce their reliance on funding sources associated with gambling.
If you are unsure about your eligibility to sign up, call or send us an email.
Love the Game partners
For more information
Prevention Program Coordinator
Phone: (03) 9452 2633