Love the Game Sporting Club Program
Gambling is fast becoming a normal part of sport. Our Love the Game Sporting Club Program aims to counter the normalisation of gambling in sport, and to create safe and healthy sporting clubs.
We are proud to partner with more than 300 local grassroots clubs and elite sporting clubs who are part of our program. Join the Sporting Club Program to raise awareness within your club community about gambling as an issue and protect young people from gambling harm.
The program focuses on reducing gambling harm and preserving what’s great about sport:
- shifting the focus back to the love of the game, not the odds
- minimising exposure to gambling activities and promotion
- increasing awareness of gambling as an issue in our community and how to avoid the risks
- supporting clubs to make practical changes to clubrooms and sporting grounds
- ensuring people know where to go for information and support if they need it.
- a competitive edge for seeking grant funding
- community recognition through promotion of your club on our website, as a safe and healthy sporting environment
- interactive information sessions about how to avoid gambling harm
- ongoing, personalised support to help implement the program
- social media content to promote healthy messages to your membership base.
To be eligible for the program, your club must:
- compete in a recognised competition over your relevant sporting season
- be a junior or senior community sporting club
- not receive sponsorship from a betting company or any other gambling provider.
Love the Game partners
For more information
Prevention Program Coordinator
Phone: (03) 9452 2633