Venue support program
As outlined in the Responsible Gambling Codes of Conduct, gaming venues in Victoria have responsibilities to take all reasonable steps to prevent and minimise harm from the use of gaming machines in the approved venue, including by monitoring the welfare of gaming machine users, discouraging intensive and prolonged gaming machine play and intervening when a person is displaying behaviour that is consistent with gambling harm.
To support and assist venues in fulfilling these responsibilities, the Foundation funds the Gambler's Help Venue Support Program, which includes Venue Support Workers throughout Victoria.
This support helps gaming venues to:
- identify and respond to patrons displaying behaviours consistent with gambling harm
- raise awareness among venue staff about, and encourage referrals to Gambler's Help services, self-exclusion programs and other community support services
- meet the requirements of their Responsible Gambling Codes of Conduct
- create and maintain responsible gambling environments
- ensure their completion of the required Responsible Service of Gaming (RSG) training.
For more information, contact Brett Hetherington, Senior Industry Engagement Coordinator, on (03) 9452 2656 or email@example.com