Reset is a free and confidential program designed to help people understand and manage their gambling.
Available in app and web-based formats, Reset offers people insight into why they gamble and provides strategies for tracking and managing gambling behaviours. It can be used as a standalone self-help program or in conjunction with counselling.
For more information or to download the app, visit ResetApp.com.au or download from App Store and GooglePlay.
On this page
WHAT IS RESET?
Reset is an app for people wanting to quit or cut back on their gambling.
Using cognitive behavioural therapy and motivational interviewing techniques, Reset is a self-directed, interactive program that allows people to reflect on why they gamble, set goals, manage urges and track their progress – anywhere, anytime.
Reset can be used in conjunction with therapeutic counselling to reinforce, or further explore, strategies and insights discussed during counselling sessions. Or for those not ready for counselling, it can be used as a standalone self-help tool – a discreet and convenient way for people to begin their journey towards recovery.
HOW IT WORKS
Reset comprises six modules, each with interactive activities, videos, insights and practical advice.
- Getting started
- Getting ready
- Taking control
- Taking action
- Managing urges
- Maintaining change
The Getting started module asks a series of questions to help people identify the severity of the gambling harm they are experiencing and establish a baseline from which to set achievable goals.
Reset provides insights into how much and how often a person gambles, and how this compares with others. They can follow the recommended series of activities in the My program section of the app or explore the modules of most interest or relevance to them.
Counsellors can recommend specific modules to clients based on topics covered in sessions or an assessment that they would benefit from exploring the content of those modules.
NOTE: Reset is not a clinical diagnostic tool. The Address book section of the app lists counselling and support services for people who want to speak to someone about their gambling.
We've created a selection of images and messaging you can download and post to your website or social media accounts including
Suggested language for social media posts:
- Reset is an app for people wanting to quit or cut back on their gambling.
- Whether you want to quit, cut back or better understand your gambling, the Reset app will help you achieve your goal.
- Learn how to control gambling urges and successfully stop or reduce your gambling.
- Reset uses cognitive behavioural therapy to help you understand why you gamble, set goals, manage urges and track your progress.
- No matter where you are on your journey to recovery from gambling addiction, the Reset app is with you every step of the way.
- Reset is an effective, self-directed program available 24/7 that can be used on its own or as a tool to support therapeutic counselling.
- Control the urge to gamble with the Reset app.
Call to action and URL:
- It's free and confidential. Download today from app stores or ResetApp.com.au
We post Reset content to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and we encourage you to follow us and share our posts. If you’re posting on your own social media accounts, please tag us:
Facebook – @responsiblegambling
LinkedIn - @Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation
Twitter – @vicrgf
Posters and wallet cards
View and download Reset posters and wallet cards.
We have created a video to showcase the Reset app and explain how it works in simple language. Use the YouTube links below to post the video on your social channels or embed the video on your website.
- 30-sec video - https://youtu.be/IPVHkdREQ8E
- 90-sec video - https://youtu.be/tSbGJqS0ve0