Reducing harm from gambling
Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of Victorians by working with communities to deliver effective, evidence-based initiatives to prevent gambling harm and provide support for those seeking help. We take a public health approach to our work, which means we focus on prevention, early intervention and support.
Harm from gambling can happen much earlier than people realise and affect the health, wellbeing and financial security of even those who gamble infrequently. By partnering with others, the Foundation is working to raise awareness of gambling harm and provide access to a range of effective help services. Our prevention initiatives include statewide advertising campaigns and community programs and we work with venues to help create safer gambling environments.
'Love the game' news
- Elite athletes get behind Love the Game Challenge — 29 Apr 2023
- Vic clubs renew vow to rid AFL of sports betting sponsorship — 11 Mar 2022
- Western United joins the Foundation to love the game, not the odds — 24 Nov 2021
- Supporting more Victorians to address gambling harm — 21 Oct 2020
- Grand Final week ideal time to talk about gambling harm — 19 Oct 2020
- Kyvalley Tennis Club hitting aces — 6 Mar 2020
- Vicsport encourages clubs to love the game — 25 Feb 2020
- Love the Game flexes girl power — 13 Feb 2020
- Geelong Cats love the game, not the odds — 17 Dec 2019
- Reducing the Risk sports forum — 10 Dec 2019