Reducing harm from gambling
Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of Victorians by working with communities to deliver effective, evidence-based initiatives to prevent gambling harm and provide support for those seeking help. We take a public health approach to our work, which means we focus on prevention, early intervention and support.
Harm from gambling can happen much earlier than people realise and affect the health, wellbeing and financial security of even those who gamble infrequently. By partnering with others, the Foundation is working to raise awareness of gambling harm and provide access to a range of effective help services. Our prevention initiatives include statewide advertising campaigns and community programs and we work with venues to help create safer gambling environments.
'Love the game' news
- Front of mind with Louise Glanville — 31 May 2018
- Review of the Foundation’s Love the Game Sporting Club Program — 8 May 2018
- Attitudes to gambling – latest Victorian data — 17 Apr 2018
- Foundation applauds Melbourne FC’s bold decision to phase out pokies — 4 Apr 2018
- AFL Victoria 2018 'Love the Game' themed round — 29 Mar 2018
- Front of mind with Louise Glanville — 29 Mar 2018
- Time for ‘the talk’ with your kids… the gambling talk — 7 Mar 2018
- News from the CEO: Celebrating family friendly football — 26 Sep 2017
- Geelong Football Club commits to responsible gambling charter — 13 Jul 2017
- Football Federation Victoria separates gambling from their game — 9 Jun 2017