Reducing harm from gambling
Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of Victorians by working with communities to deliver effective, evidence-based initiatives to prevent gambling harm and provide support for those seeking help. We take a public health approach to our work, which means we focus on prevention, early intervention and support.
Harm from gambling can happen much earlier than people realise and affect the health, wellbeing and financial security of even those who gamble infrequently. By partnering with others, the Foundation is working to raise awareness of gambling harm and provide access to a range of effective help services. Our prevention initiatives include statewide advertising campaigns and community programs and we work with venues to help create safer gambling environments.
'Love the game' news
- Geelong Cats love the game, not the odds — 17 Dec 2019
- Reducing the Risk sports forum — 10 Dec 2019
- Doggies’ decision to separate sport from gambling welcomed — 20 Nov 2019
- Encouraging all women to love the game — 5 Sep 2019
- Cats say ‘no’ to sports betting ads at GMHBA — 20 Mar 2019
- Western Bulldogs captain loves the game, in Ballarat — 12 Mar 2019
- Front of mind with Louise Glanville — 31 Jul 2018
- Loving the game in the Western suburbs — 23 Jul 2018
- This weekend, AFL in Victoria to focus on loving the game, not the odds — 20 Jul 2018
- Playing the home game — 19 Jul 2018