Request for tender: 2022 Victorian Population Gambling and Health Study
The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced contractor to undertake the 2022 Victorian Population Gambling and Health Study.
The 2022 Victorian Population Gambling and Health Study will consist of a large, representative survey of Victorian adults that aims to estimate the prevalence of gambling participation, problem gambling risk levels and gambling-related harms in the Victorian community.
The Foundation uses the results of population studies to inform our work in preventing, reducing and treating the negative effects of gambling in communities across the state. The findings of these representative surveys of Victorian adults provide the evidence used to:
- develop community programs and interventions to meet the greatest needs
- inform policy, prevention and treatment services and resources across Victoria
- evaluate efforts to reduce and prevent gambling-related harm.
The latest study, Victorian population gambling and health study 2018–2019, involved a mobile phone and landline survey of 10,638 randomly selected Victorians adults. This and previous population studies have enabled the Foundation to monitor and compare the effects of gambling, over time, on those who gamble or are affected by someone else’s gambling. Elements of the study include:
- people’s participation in gambling
- their experience of gambling harm
- the risk of them experiencing problem gambling
- their mental health and wellbeing
- demographic information (such as age, gender and location).
For further information or to apply, click here or go to www.tenders.vic.gov.au and search tender number ‘VRGF 1-22’.
For any questions, please contact Rosa Billi at email@example.com.
Applications close on 22 February 2022 at 4pm AEDT.